Follow @thecrumpblog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Day Late and a Penny Short : Moneyball Review

So I titled this post as such because I know there is no use reviewing a movie that has been in theaters as long this one has, but I would like to use this as an experiment for a new review format. I don't particularly like to formally review films, but I think I should try in some way to express my feelings in a way I find interesting. Let me introduce you to the One Sentence Review for Moneyball.


"Are those my only options?"


Moneyball provides the viewer a chance to see the in's and out's of a past time they might have absolutely no interest in, and while the direction appears to be more interested in setting and maintaining a realistic tone and a steady pace than making a strong emotional connection with the audience, there are luckily a few choice moments where the film makers don't completely squander the talents of a fantastic cast (though they do that quite a bit, Phillip Seymour Hoffman).




No comments:

Post a Comment